What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

Time to ask, what are you listening to this weekend?

Since this is the last Friday of National Opera Week we're going to listen to an opera that means a lot to us: Faust. You see, Faust was the first opera I saw here at San Diego Opera, way back when I was in high-school. The cast consisted of Ferruccio Furlanetto and Richard Leech and I remember sitting in the balcony thinking "wow, this is amazing. I wish I could do that."

But I can't.

But that's OK because now I get to work with the same people who changed my life so many years ago. And besides, when it's late at night and I'm the only one in the theatre who's to say I don't bleat a horrible sound from the edge of the stage to an imaginary audience of my choosing. Hey, there's nothing wrong with playing pretend.

After Faust we're going to spend all weekend playing The Magnetic Fields because we just bought tickets to see their Los Angeles concert in March. I know, March is a long time away, but when you've waited for years it seems like tomorrow. PS: for those that care, the password for pre-sale in Los Angeles is "realism"

Share your listening plans in the comment section below.

And please, make it a good one!

Comments

Fred said…
I enjoyed Anthony Dean Griffey singing "Das Lied von der Erde" at the San Diego Symphony Saturday night. Sat in the front row. Could have reached out and touched him if I wanted to. But I didn't.

Popular posts from this blog

What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

10 Interesting Facts About Faust

Five Things About La boheme You Don't Need To Know But Will Be Glad You Did