When Opera Collides...

Courtesy of our lovely friend the Opera Chic comes this surreal video featuring Russian baritone, Dmitri Hvorostovsky called "You and I".

When opera collides with electronic music the end result is usually less than the sum of the parts and this is no exception.

But the imagery is fascinating, provided you take enough hallucinogens and turn the volume down.

I've watched it a few times now and I'm still not sure what I've seen beyond a shirtless baritone dressed like an elf whipping the lady of the lake into an orgasmic frenzy.

Needless to say, this is NSFW, unless you work in the bizarro world of opera or as a dominatrix which if you do, call me.

I'm filing this one under "WTF?"

- Edward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

10 Interesting Facts About Faust

Five Things About La boheme You Don't Need To Know But Will Be Glad You Did