What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

Friday, the greatest of days and time to ask: what are you listening to this weekend?

Me, I'm going to spend Saturday night listening to Peter Grimes rehearsals, socked taped firmly to feet, as rehearsals this week have been knocking them off. Or I might just skip the socks, not sure (these are the thoughts that cloud my mind on a typical day).

Not only are the principal singers incredible but the chorus is amazing, and might steal this show.

Sunday I will spend hitting the bins at Amoeba records for deals and out-of-print records. Anything I should look for? What are you listening plans this weekend? Share them in the comment section below and whatever you're doing, make this weekend a good one.

- Edward

Comments

Smorg said…
Hope the rehearsal knocked your socks off in spite of all the taping! ;o)

This weekend I'm feasting on the DVDs of Fromenthal-Halevy's La Juive from Vienna (with Shicoff and Stoyanova), Gluck's Orphee et Eurydice (Paris Opera with Magda Kozena), and Monteverdi's L'incoronazione di Poppea (Orange with Von Otter as Nerone). I guess I'm feeling Baroque...

Cheerio,
Smorg :o)

Popular posts from this blog

What Are You Listening To This Weekend?

10 Interesting Facts About Faust

Five Things About La boheme You Don't Need To Know But Will Be Glad You Did